Friday, March 17, 2006

DELTA IS HOME!!!!

DELTA IS HOME!!! It took a long while this afternoon, many bags of treats and some KFC(that's stuff is great bait! I took his littermate, Antare, with me this afternoon and kept him beside me. Delta came out of the trees and wooed as soon as he saw Antare. But he wasn't so sure about me yet. Slowly over about four hours, he let me get closer and closer. Eventually he found a safe spot, just like he does at home, and let me catch him. I carried him to the truck--he's much lighter than he was a month ago. Other than the weight loss, he's fine. Two furless spots on one front paw and alot of sap stuck in his fur and that's about it! :)

Here he is in the truck, looking more than a little freaked out!


Safely back inside his house!


Even plain ol' kibble tastes great when you haven't eaten regularly for a month!

To all of you who sent us messages of support, sent prayers and good vibes to Delta, kept an eye for him, took a poster, called his name....THANK YOU. Thank you from the bottom of our relieved and grateful hearts. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You, God!!

Special Thanks to the Friendly, Helpful Neighbor who assisted with the *spotting* and feeding.

And Hats Off to Delta's Humans -
Tamara & Stuart - a pair of Really Dedicated FurParents who just wouldn't give up!!
Way to Go, Guys!!

/s/ Phred

dogsled_stacie said...

Holy sh*t!!! Awesome!!!

I thought it would take a bit longer now that you knew where he was - good job!! And some good ideas to catch that pooch.

I love the part on PT where you said he "woo wooed" when he saw Antare! Awww....

Now YOU can sleep and relax too...

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he's back safe and sound!

SusanE said...

I kept coming to your blog and I'd think "today is the day the Delta will be home" Finally today is the day.

So glad he's home, I can only imagine your relief.

Woofwoof said...

Great news. I'm so glad that everything worked out. I'll keep in mind the KFC trick.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your Delta is back! And he is SO cute!

I've already received your request for the Huky Bloggers. Just waiting for you to insert the code, so I can add you!
Welcome to the pack!

Liks,
Raisa

Janet Whitesell said...

Yahoo! What wonderful, terrific, fantastic news. How amazing to get him back after a month. He doesn't even look thin in the pictures. I hope he never ever gets loose again!

Wandering Spirit Kennels said...

Thanks everyone! We are thrilled to have him home.

KFC is great bait. Works wonders on feral cats too!

Janet: He has an amazing coat. It hides the weight loss well, plus he had a couple extra pounds on him when he left! When I pet him, it's much more noticeable.

Raisa: Could you resend me the code? I can't find it now! Thanks!

IndyPindy said...

Great blog, I'm glad Delta is home safe and sound!

Unknown said...

Hi!
I managed to add you even without the code, but it would be nice if you put the code anyway, so other huskies who viti here can find and join the ring too.
I have just sent the code again!
Liks,
Raisa

sean said...

Hey Tamara,

I know I'm a bit late on this but just wanted to let you know not a day went by went I wasn't thinking of you all and hoping that was the day Delta made it home.
Happy woos and kudos to all of you for such having dedication to your furkids.

sean