Friday, February 09, 2007

Crate rest requires Tequila...

Not sure if the tequila should be for me only or I should share it with Anvik!

Crate rest and sled dogs just don't mix very well. Anvik has already torn the stitches out once. Getting that repaired cost almost as much as the original surgery! There is no sleeping for more than an hour at a time. At least once an hour I hear a thump from his crate, which means he has his 'bite-not' collar off AGAIN!! It's better than an e-collar, at least he doesn't hurt himself freaking out and pulling it off, but it was not worth the sixty bucks it cost me to have the stupid thing shipped from the States! I've added another strap that runs around Anvik's hips. That seems to be slowing down the removal rate. It's amazing what you can do with a double leader line at 3am!

He's wearing my old t-shirts! This was before the second surgery, but he's back to about this happy again today.

Right now he's napping behind me on a comforter, long legs stretched right out. He's lucky he's so freaking cute!

A very good friend recently returned from Mexico and brought me a beautiful bottle of Tequila,not the swill they sell in bars, the kind that should be sipped and savored like a fine single malt scotch. I think I'll be cracking that bottle tonight!

2 comments:

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

What a great picture of your boy!
Hope the Tequila was enjoyable!
Gentle ((Hugs)) to Anvik.

Anonymous said...

Anvik looks a bit like a Corgi in that picture! How did you manage to conceal his giraffe legs? It's sure good to see him smiling again. I hope you're able to get some rest now!

Rachel