Monday, May 14, 2007

A Slightly late tribute to Mom....

Just like the Mother's Day present, that I swear is on the bus, this is a little late! But it's never too late to say thanks. I could say thanks to my Mom for all the usual Mom stuff--support, love, and that remarkable ability Mom's have to do 50 things at once and stay sane through it! But my Mom did a few out of the ordinary things. So...

Thanks Mom, for letting my high school friends think you were just mean! It would have been social suicide for me as a 16 year old to say "I'd rather skip the party and stay home to watch the Stampeders game with my Dad." It was much cooler to say "My Mom won't let me go.". Thanks for always knowing when I wanted to you to say No and letting me save face.

Thanks for giving me the belief that I could do whatever I wanted and that I could do it on my own. That even when I was tripping over them, I was capable of standing on my own two feet.

Thanks for letting me go. It took me a while to realize how difficult it must have been for you to let my wandering spirit take over, without ever questioning me(At least not to my face)! I am the only one of four siblings that my parents don't see daily. They see my sister more often in a day than they see me in a year! (She lives across the street from them, not across the country!)And there has never been any guilt about that, no suggestions that I should move back to Saskatchewan or at least the Prairies. A few tears have been shed in the Edmonton International Airport, but that's it!

Thank you for the prayers you never mention, but I know you send up regulary.

For all that, and all the more mundane Mom stuff, Thanks.I love and miss you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!

{sniff}

Kinda hard to follow THAT Tribute to Mom!

Don't ever *miss* a Mom's Day ...
some day you'll wish you'd had more time together ... so take advantage of Mom NOW!

Hey ~~~ Why not CALL her right now?
Tell her I said "HI".

/s/ Phred

Carol said...

Thanks Daughter for the loving thoughts. I was a mean mom but you turned out real good and I am so proud of you. I knew you were going to be a dream chaser from early on and altho it never gets easier to let you go ,as a mom I knew it had to happen. Soar high and let me enjoy life thru your living. Love the mean mom, Carol